The mission of Claysville Elementary School is to develop responsible, independent, and resourceful students who strive to be productive citizens.
The efforts to accomplish the mission are carried out be a competent staff, dedicated to providing a challenging and comprehensive curriculum in a safe, positive environment, which is conducive to learning.
It is our belief that:
* Instruction should be varied and geared toward the individual abilities of the student-learner.
* Safe and risk-free classrooms are necessary for learning to occur.
* Educational climate and atmosphere affect the way individuals learn.
* Praise creates a better learning situation.
* All individuals need a sense of belonging.
* The staff, students, parents, guardians, and members of the community must work together to accomplish goals and solve problems; these same stakeholders have a shared role in maintaining a successful school setting.